Our family is anxiously waiting for a decision as to when and where Ben’s surgery will take place. Dr. Berenstein, the world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon, is reviewing the case. We previously understood that Dr. Berenstein would call Ben’s parents (my daughter and her husband) on Monday, but today is Wednesday, and still we wait. Now we are told that we will not hear until tomorrow or Friday.
Even while out of the country, Dr. Berenstein reviewed still photos taken during the tests done at Emory Hospital when Ben was there. But there are films to be viewed, files that were too large to send electronically. Now that the doctor has returned to the U.S. he must take the time to review everything, and we are very grateful for that even if the delay is hard for us.